Friday, September 7, 2007

Fucking Swedes

I'm fast coming to the conclusion that The Knife's "Heartbeats" ranks among the most perfect pop songs of all time. I don't really have a good criteria for that, but I don't get tired of listening to it, or any version of it, for that matter. So here are some versions:

The Knife's:


I also think this is a killer video.

Jose Gonzalez's:


Gorilla vs. Bear has a haunting teen-girl-choir version here.

Finally, a different take on the song (okay, so it actually uses Gonzalez's version). This might be NSFW if you work at Focus on the Family or Marvel:

2 comments:

Becky said...

Mutant love doesn't do it for me.

Alison said...

i would contend that this video for jose gonzales's version is what made me go back to the knife's version after laying down the mix tape it was on because of petty personal reasons. anyway:

so lovely.